Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blurb.

I thought it might be fun to have a blog specifically geared toward my adventures in being a mom! There are many happenings in my day that others could possibly find amusing. I didn't think so until I explained a specific moment to my sister in which she replied with something along the lines of, "I'm sorry, I know that must have been frustrating but I laughed very hard at that." I think said moment consisted of my three week old daughter, Emily, crying on the bed while I changed her diaper while my two year old son, Elijah, cried on the floor with his head attempting to push through the sleeve of a shirt.

I was successful in my attempts in making some lip balm today. It's totally exciting because I've been interested in doing this for a while now. And as beneficial as tea tree oil is, I learned that I don't care for the smell that much. My mom has loaned me her potpourri burner, which looks exactly like a teeny-tiny crock pot; perfect size for melting together my ingredients! I dug out a children's Motrin syringe to fill my tins with and used a gravy whisk for stirring. I didn't even have to buy anything except the ingredients and the tins! How perfect. The tester balms I made today have come in handy! I've put the first tester on my hands and some dry spots on my arms, as well as on my lips and even Emily's bottom to see if it could clear up some red, chapped spots. All tested areas are doing beautifully!

This brings my first post to a close. My cat, Loki, hasn't been come back from outside in over 24 hours and my imagination has exhausted me with different possibilities of why that could possibly be. That and little Miss Em keeps waking because each time she falls asleep her pacifier falls out of her mouth. This results in flailing arms, kicking legs, and little frustrated grunts of protest. I rescue the pacifier and have to coax her to take it back. She wants the thing so badly that she just jerks her head around, mouth open, tonguing the thing as though I were teasing her with it. Though once she has it her entire body relaxes and we can start the whole thing over again.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I fell asleep last night laughing about that described moment (Elijah crying while trying to get his head through the armhole) all over again. Glad you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete