Thursday, March 25, 2010

Poop in the Potty, Poop goes in the Potty...

I really wish Elijah would go back to using the potty. Some headway has been made over the past week; he used the potty twice today. We pretty much started over with this potty business and as a result he's only interested in using his potty before bedtime. I suppose this is fine so long as he actually is keeping the potty in mind every so often. It's discussed every day that he's a big boy now and therefore needs to put his pee and poo in the potty. I've got my fingers crossed. I know that if he isn't back in underwear in the day time before Daddy comes home, he will be after. Elijah was thrilled to "pee like Dada" and I know he'll be just as enthusiastic after his homecoming.

Elijah, Emily, Great-Grandma, and I went to the preschool open gym on Wednesday. This was our third visit and it never fails to be a fantastic outlet for Elijah's pent up energy. The cold, windy, grey and generally lousy weather has not budged in some time thus preventing any outings... so Elijah (and myself) has been a little stir crazy being inside all the time. And while this place is indoors, there are other kids both younger and older than him running around and enjoying music while jumping on a huge stretch of trampoline, walking the balance beam and other gymnastic activities. Great-Grandma and I took turns watching Emily so Elijah could run wild. Elijah is absolutely fearless when it comes to partaking in these little festivities; he walked the balance beam that was a few feet up in the air! He was hold both my hands, of course, but the fact that he was even interested in it was exciting! When he reached the end he wanted to jump straight off so it's a wonderful thing that I had both of his hands to help him land safely.

Great-Grandma bought a strawberry-banana smoothie with whip cream and offered a sip to Elijah. This ended up being a mistake as after the smoothie was gone, he wouldn't let go of the cup because he wanted more. It was cute, yes, because he kept saying, "More, please" and had a whip cream-stache after finishing off the last drink, but getting him to throw the cup away wasn't fun. At this point the gym was closing up shop, he didn't want to leave, and was ready for a nap. Now I know he loves strawberry-banana smoothies with whip cream. Who doesn't? Well, I don't particularly like drinking them because I can't have dairy--but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy their taste!

Anyway, Elijah got a haircut today. As you can see in the picture, his hair was getting pretty long. Mike, the barber, was doing his best to quickly cut Elijah's hair while Elijah dodged, ducked, turned, and flinched. As a result his bangs are a little shorter than Mike cared for but I'm not bothered because Elijah's hair grows so fast that within a week and a half it won't look nearly as short. It truly is amazing how much older he looks after his hair has been cut. And he looks more like Daddy afterwards as well. We did some grocery shopping as well, with Great-Grandma's help, and purchased Rice Krispie treat fixings. Elijah decided he wanted red treats, but I wasn't sure how much food coloring to put in, so they turned out pink; like, hot pink! Ah well, I suppose they'll just have to be Easter treats! They were delicious! The night was topped off with a much needed bath for Emily, who promptly pooped after the fact, and everyone was in bed at a descent hour (not something that happens too often around here with all the excitement of Grandma's arrival home from work, usually after 6:00pm).


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have your camera with you at all times, because that photo of him with the whip cream-stache is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete