Saturday, May 14, 2011

No pictures this time.

My computer is currently out of commission so I don't have easy access to my latest pictures. After an injury it sustained a short number of months ago it has finally kicked the can. Until further notice I'll be borrowing my Husband's computer. If you have a burning desire to know what happened, here's the scoop:

In the midst of a frustrating spat with Elijah and my iPod (in that he wouldn't put it away so that we could go take a nap), I snatched it from him and tossed it onto the couch. I had forgotten that the thing was charging and therefore attached to my computer, because once the slack from the cord was out, it bounced back and smacked into the screen. Left a pretty little shatter mark and everything, right in the top left corner. It slowly got worse. All the small child finger poking, accidental bumps, and retaliating smacks (courtesy of Emily) it became rapidly worse for wear and soon I was only able to see through the bottom half-ish. Well, today it started to get a strange, white, screen/mesh appearance in the areas that were still visible and not manipulated by cracks and bleeding ink looking stuff. I asked our roommate J if I could bum some available space on his external hard drive until the laptop can be replaced. The only thing I have on my computer that I even care about are pictures, so it was easy enough. Thank goodness we did it when we did because less than 20 minutes after we backed up the white meshy areas in my monitor turned white and nothing was visible anymore.

In other news, I've been particularly crafty and have been cranking out a lot of fun projects. I cut out the alphabet and put it up in the kids' room, I stained some glass votive holders, am cutting out the kids' name in felt and sewing/stuffing/hanging the letters, and even upcycled a Melissa & Doug playdough box into a key hanging spot (pictures when I have access). Also, in an attempt do a stash buster with my yarn, I made some dryer balls. Throughout this craftiness I've been reminded a few times of my sister's 365 project. She is of natural born talent in the photography department and committed herself to taking one photograph every day for a year. While it would be unreasonable to get any worthy craft completed in 24 hours, we did discuss the possibilities of a 52 project: one project a week for a year. So I think I will start now. My first project will be a cork board made out of the wine corks that me and my mom have accumulated. I'll post pictures every Sunday...somehow.

1 comment:

  1. So pumped about your 52 project, Cass! There are lots of fun little crafts that can be completed in 24 hours, but that still seems pretty unrealistic seeing as you'll invariably find ones that will take much longer. Can't wait to see your completed projects every Sunday :D

    ReplyDelete