Sunday, May 29, 2011

Project #2

I don't have pictures to post today. It was a long, hectic day. Our septic decided to back up/clog today. I took the kids to my in-laws while Husband and the landlord problem solved. Sparing you all the details, I'll keep it simple and just say that we have flushing toilets again.

I decided, for my second project, that I would crochet a bag made out of pajama pants. This post will be loads more fun once pictures are included, but try to stick with me here. I cut the pants (four pairs total) into strips and connected them, creating a large ball of yarn. The bag turned out ....uniquely enough that I may actually use it! The project took a bit longer than I thought it would. I assumed that I would get farther along in the bag than I did with less than four pairs of pants. Finding pants wasn't a challenge, though.

Once the tedious (and slightly annoying) task of cutting the pants and attaching the strips was completed, I knocked the bag out quickly; which made sense considering I used a Q sized hook. For you non-crocheters, that's bigger around than a drum stick.

After I have the chance to include some pictures, I'll update on the kids as well. It's been fun around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment